(1) Every month you can receive NT25,000 .
The scholarship is divided into 2 month (summer program), 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year periods. Besides the summer program, all students receiving the scholarship start studying on September 1st and can continue until August 31st of the following year.
(1) You must be at least 18 years old and have completed high school, have good grades and an excellent learning attitude.
(2) The following people aren't eligible to apply:
A. Those who are Taiwanese citizens or have an overseas Chinese identification.
B. Those who received their bachelor's degree in Taiwan or those who have already enrolled in a language school to study Chinese.
C. People participating in a study abroad program with a sister school of Taiwan.
D. Students that have already received this scholarship or another scholarship from the Ministry of Education or Taiwanese Government.
E. People that are currently receiving aid from the Taiwanese Government or another Taiwanese educational institution.
(1) Information regarding government scholarships, the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship and study plans can be found at the following website：https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/web/engindex.html
(2) Ministry of Education website：http://english.moe.gov.tw/
Every year from February 1st to March 31st.
(1) You must do the following to be chosen and receive the Ministry of Education's Huayu Enrichment Scholarship.
(2) Follow the guidelines and application deadlines to apply to the language center of your choice.
(3) After candidates are accepted, they must send in photocopies of their required documents to their respective overseas offices to confirm eligibility before June 31st. Those who don't meet the deadline will automatically forfeit their scholarship.
(4) Every week, students must attend Chinese class for a minimum of 15 hours; this doesn't include field trips, lectures, study time and other activities.
7.Your scholarship will be suspended for a month if：
(1) You miss more than 12 hours of class in a single month.
(2) Your grades are lower than 80% during your first term. In this case you won't receive scholarship money during the first month of your second term.
(3) For those receiving a scholarship for 9 months or more, you must provide your TOCFL Chinese proficiency exam certificate of completion or transcript. You need to attend and pass the TOCFL exam at least at the level at which you entered the school. Students that don't pass the exam forfeit a month’s worth of tuition. The exam fees are covered by the student receiving the scholarship. The latest someone should hand in their TOCFL exam certificate or transcript is one month before they receive their next allotted amount of scholarship money so their respective language center has a record.
8.Your scholarship will be cancelled if:
1.Your final grade is lower than 80% for two consecutive terms.
2.Your achievement is poor due to any reason besides a major illness or accident. In this case your scholarship will be revoked.
3.You break or violate any Taiwanese laws.
4.You break any of the rules stipulated by your school or language center. In this case your scholarship will be suspended or revoked.。
For students who are receiving a scholarship for one year: After you've enrolled in a language center and studied for more than one term, you can then apply to change schools based on the regulations stipulated by that particular language center.